Friday 13 August 2010

Week 32 Challenge - Acetate or Vellum

Phewee, yet another tutorial from Nikky this week - make sure you check it out!


We hope you're loving our series of tutorials - just to remind you if you haven't seen the last few posts (shame on you!), we are running a fabulous competition in conjunction with Letraset until the end of August where you can win a fantastic set of Aquamarkers worth £79.99! These great colouring pens are waterbased so they are
amazing if you love watercolour techniques - make sure you check out Nikky's tutorials which showed you the great effects you can achieve with these if you missed them previously. We also have some additional runner up prizes of smaller packs too and all you have to do to enter is to do some colouring! It can be any kind of colouring, watercolours, promarkers, copics, pencils, pastels, whatever's your bag, we just want to see your lovely work. And once again, we have to reiterate that you do NOT have to be Van Gogh to win either, all entries will be judged on various criteria so even if you think you're not a great colourist, still enter, you never know, we might think you deserve to win a set of Aquamarkers for your troubles!

Deadline for entries is 31st August and you MUST leave a link to your entry pic in the COMMENTS section under this post (do NOT use the InLinkz please and do not email entries). You can enter as many times as you like (cards used as entries to previous challenges will not be accepted)! Right, as promised here is this week's tutorial using Promarkers and showing you how to achieve some great blending...

                       

So we all hope you enjoyed that, Nikky's had some great feedback from people on how useful some of the hints and tips have been so she's promised to try and do more tutorials from now on on a variety of different things. Right, let's get on with this week's challenge business and hand over to Stacey...

...Hello it's Stacey here!!! This is my very first time to set a challenge for the team, I am a little nervous but here goes. . .

The winners from Challenge 30 which was to create a generic card suitable for both male and female are:
First Place: Sue
Second Place: Lori
Third Place: Jovita
Congratulations to you all, great entries as always! Please contact Nikky for blinkies etc.

Now, onto this weeks challenge...This week I asked the ladies to print or stamp onto vellum or acetate. I thought this was a good idea until I realised that my printer does not like acetate!!! My problems aside, the team as usual have produced a wonderful selection for you to feast your eyes on! I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!

You have until 12noon GMT on Sunday 22 August to enter and please don't forget the 10 challenge rule x x x

Stacey - As I have already said my printer was not getting on with acetate argh!!! So I had to rummage through my stash for some vellum. I had a pearl vellum pack hiding in the depths and when I printed the papers from the Jingle Jangle CD It made the papers look even more amazing as they have a pearl sheen to them. It is hard to tell from the pic but the border and background papers have a real sparkle! I added micro glue dots sheet which was fab and does not show through the printed vellum!!! I added beads to the highlights on the polar bear and glossy accents to his nose!!!
Enfys - I printed out the peacock toppers from Back to Nature onto white vellum, then used spray mount adhesive to stick them onto a very pale lilac paper. In real life the effect is lovely, the image has a soft transluscent look.
I added lots of clear shimmerz dots to the image for a bit of sparkle...
Ruth: Now I made not one but two cards! Only because the papers and flowers that I had printed were sufficient to make two and I just have to use the vellum flowers as they are so pretty! I've used Sugar Birdies cd for the papers - printed both sheets to fit onto one A4 and also did the same with the vellum flowers so that they are small enough for the A6 sized cards. I've handwritten the sentiments and added some doodling along with seed beads for the flower centres.

Jenny This box frame is so much simpler than it looks... I just added some rose paper from the Love and Cherish CD. Then printed a heart image onto acetate which I made into a little box lid which sits inside the frame so the acetate image stands out.
Fliss - I decided to go for vellum for a soft look and printed out the pretty daisy paper from the Love and Cherish CD on to pale yellow vellum. I put this on a background of cream card edged with my deckle scissors. I made a border with a Martha Stewart punch and a strip embossed with a daisy folder. I printed out the butterfly from All Around and Everywhere on mint card and blue vellum, cut them out and layered them together with pearls as the body.
Brenda I used the Paper Boutique CD, re-sized the flowers and printed onto acetate, which I them matted onto white cardstock and fixed with brads. I printed more of the same flowers onto white cardstock, cut out and glittered the edges. The swirly leaf is cut from a sizzix die and the card edging Martha Steward embossed scallop.
Kris: I mader a concertina card. I printed one of the Blossom Exposion papers from Back to Nature onto plain vellum. Then cut panels and framed them with black card to give them a stained-glass effect when mounted onto ivory card. The butterfly and sentiment are from the Fairy Flutterfly set - Bevvieboo. I colored the butterfly with Letraset Aquamarkers and then highlighted with Promarkers, glitter glue and some Glossy Accents on the body.
Claire I decided to go for some soft yet fun Vellum flowers and butterfly to compliment my house which I have water coloured with Aquamarkers. All the elements are from the All Around and Everywhere CD.
Tracy - For my creation I used the Candy Doodles CD and printed the candy boys backing paper on to white vellum. I then printed and re-sized the stampies to match and coloured them with Promarkers. My main image was coloured with the fab Aquamarkers.
Lisa - I made an easel card this week and I used the Candy Doodles CD. I printed Little Miss Polly Polkadoodle out onto vellum paper and cut her out. She would be cute no matter what you printed her on but the vellum gives her a very soft feel! I also used the adorable flowers from the All Around and Everywhere CD to showcase Miss Polly and I think she looks great! Gotta hand it to that Nikky, she sure can draw!

Good luck! Please link your creation with the widget below - deadline is Sunday 22 August at 12noon GMT and please remember our 10 creation challenge rule!

****


10 comments:

  1. Hi i have seen your post about entry to the draw i am not sure if i should be entering here and if my card is sutiable but worth a try. My card is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my entry for the letraset set and thank you for the opportunity and good luck to all that enter

    here is my colouring

    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love working with acetate. Like this style card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I am loving everyones beautiful cards using vellum and acatate I think its something we don't use enough.I have just made a card and I am not confident in anything I do usually but I have really been trying hard to start shading with promarkers to make characters hair look more realistic and after quite a few attempts I was quite happy with the result and thought I could enter it in the colouring competition.
    Here's my colouring
    Thankyou for looking xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there

    Here is another card using colouring

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my entry for this fab offer of the Letraset AquaMarkers
    http://eiglas.blogspot.com/2010/08/crafty-cardmakers-27-spotlight-on.html

    I'd like to try a vellum card too! We don't use it enough and we should!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...sorry, I don't know why my link didn't work!
    Try again!
    Here's my entry
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi here is another card I made and would like to enter for the colouring competition please
    here it is
    Thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l325/jakilenno/polkads003.jpg

    Ive used the fairy flutterby stamps and stamped onto acetate then coloured with promarkers, i used back to nature for the background and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l325/jakilenno/polkads003.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!