Friday 10 September 2010

Week 36 Challenge - Sketch Recipe

Hi Polka Doodlers! It's my turn to set the challenge again this week, wahey!  Firstly, Polka Doodles will be at the GNPE show at Harrogate this weekend so I hope we see some of you there, pop over and say hi if you are! It's the first time we've done this show so I'm super excited, especially when it's only half an hour down the road from home! LOVE doing shows and meeting you all but it's so tiring I'm always relieved to get home and sit down in my comfy chair the following week :D
I will be announcing the winner of the Aquamarkers competition next week so make sure you pop in to check it out if you entered.  I've been so busy over the past month I dont know if I'm coming or going and Polka Doodles has some MEGA exciting things happening over the lead up to Christmas too so no rest for the wicked!
Our next Create and Craft Show is 20th September at 10am and there will be a brand new launch which I am super excited about - the Design Team Dollies all reckon this one is the best yet, and I'm inclined to agree, I just love love love it! You might be able to get a pre-order and sneaky peek in next week on www.polkadoodles.co.uk if you're lucky!! Oh and if you're looking for some fab halloween images like the ones Ruth has used then get yourself over there!
Before I forget, make sure you get your hands on a copy of this month's Creative Cardmaking magazine for some great PD projects from moi (well I think they're great anyway! available from craft shops only) and make sure you get the next issue of  Simply Cards & Papercrafts magazine to get your hands on some fab new PD papers and embellies too (on sale end of this month).
Right, on with another Polkadoodle challenge! This week you must follow the sketch below, use a shaped Flap and 3 brads, but you're not allowed to use any fabric ribbons (so paper ones ARE allowed):
Sketch to be followed
No fabric ribbon allowed
Flap to be shaped
3 brads to be used
It's actually quite easy - honest!
Before we look at the samples from the Design Team, I need to announce the top three from week 34 which was also a sketch but to use just 3 colours.
Joint First Place: Kerry and Jack Third Place: Sheila
Congratulations! Please email Nikky for further details.
Right, the sketch is below and please follow the rules! You have until Sunday 19 September at 12noon GMT to enter - good luck!

Enfys - I turned the sketch on it's side, and used the poinsetta and pot from the Christmas template CD. I layered the flowers up quite a bit. I put three brads in the centre of the flowers.


Brenda - I turned the sketch sideways and created a flap at the side with a greeting beneath using a Fairy Flutterby stamp. The paper is all from Paper Boutique and the flower made from the same papers using the Tim Holtz tattered floral die.




Tracy - I have also rotated the sketch, the image is from the Back To Nature Cd, the flower was printed from All Around And Everywhere CD. And my papers are from Paper Boutique and All Around And Everywhere. And one of my favourite stamps from the Fairy Flutterfly set Meeshelle is the little butterfly stamp.


Claire - I think I must have been inspired by all the clean and simple challenges I have seen on the go at the moment.....Pretty much stuck with sketch as is, using imagery from All around and everywhere cd.

Tracie: I used a selection of papers and toppers from Love and Cherish to create my card. I used the moon for the circle element and 3D mounted it for interest. Also added the required 3 brads and lots of glitter


Fliss - I've also rotated the sketch too so that the flap is on the right hand side. Most of the papers and elements are from the Paper Boutique CD, the Secret Garden and Floral Bouquet sections and the pretty butterfly is from the All Around and Everywhere CD. I added the 3 brads required to the opening bar.


Ruth: I've been very naughty and used elements from the very soon to be released cd! I've gone for a Halloween themed card, have used a shaped flap, 3 brads and no ribbon in sight! The ghostly image is from the new cd, along with the spider (attached with thread). The pumpkin has been coloured with copics along with the hidden element...... go to my blog for the reveal! It's spooky!!!
Jenny This was such a fun challenge!  I've rotated the sketch but otherwise kept things quite simple.  All the elements came from the Candy Doodles CD except the house which is from All Around and Everywhere. The three brads are on there too...can you spot them?

Good luck in entering the challenge - please remember the sketch and theme as above and also that we allow up to 9 other challenges to be combined with the Polkadoodles one. Sunday 19 September at 12noon GMT is the closing date!
*****


3 comments:

  1. Omg i can't believe i have won thankyou so much to Nikky and the doodley team you have made my day!!Reet im off to have a go at this weeks sketch and as usual the dt samples are ace.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I missed the announcement of the Aquamarkers? I don't see a date the announcement was to be made (or I just overlooked it.) Thanks, dj1952 http://www.designsbydj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looved the challenge. I was a thiner.

    Granny

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!