Tuesday 5 November 2013

DIGI CHOOSDAY!...Week 3...Autumn Colours

Hi everyone and welcome to another Digi Choosday!!

We have another great challenge for you this week but first let's tell you the news!

We have some fabulous digis in the store so make sure you check them out here....we are loving this great collection which is sooo pretty and makes a great addition to all the character digis you use each day...
This week we have a 
fantastic offer for you 

in the Download Store (this is JUST for you guys!)...you can 
save £1.50 when you spend £4 on downloads 
from the Store this week - total bargain! We have added loads of new digis this week so make sure you check them out and grab a bargain at the same time. Just use the CODE 150DC003 to get your discount applied at the checkout.


Our Random Winner from Week One which was our Anything Goes challenge is
No 18 Aunty Sue - well done! Email us here to claim your prize!
Our favourite Top 3 from week one are: 
12 Chrissie19 Mandy Stacey,  3 Carol
Well done to you all, grab your blinkie badges from the sidebar!

Now, to enter these challenges you do NOT have to use our products (although obviously we would love it if you did) so the world is your oyster - just share your most fabulush creations with us!
We will choose a RANDOM winner each week and our fave Top 3...then each month we will choose someone from our Top 3 to join us as a Guest Designer the following month - woohooo!
The winner of this week's challenge will receive a great download bundle and our Top 3 favourites of the week may be asked to Guest design with us next month! You have until Tuesday 12th November to enter and we will announce the results on Tuesday 19th November's post.
We also have a great new Facebook group where you can enter the challenge if you don't have a blog - just jump to the group here to join in! Don't forget to pinch our badge for your blog sidebar - we'll see you back here on Friday for our usual Polkadoodles challenge....



So let's get on with our challenge for you this week which is to use ....
Autumn Colours

Scatty Jan - For this week’s project I have used the lovely Geek , I think she is lovely. I have also used one of the flowers from the Back to Nature set which is divine - there are so many lush flowers on there. I coloured Geek using promarkers and added glossy accents to her glasses. Made some backing paper and a large flower using the back to nature set which was also used on her dress.
Zoe - This week I have made a clean and simple card using the gorgeous Tilly Reading digi image & I also used leaves from a flower.  You can find lots of accent digi images, like flowers, in the digi download section. I used a simple dotty embossing folder to create the background. I coloured all of the images with a mix of markers including the gorgeous Graph It markers. Sometimes keeping the background white & simple lets the images jump off the page!
Anjie for my card the image I have used is the Emma Canning Under The Weather Digital Stamp  which is an instant download so no waiting to play, how fab is that!
I have coloured the image with my Graph' It Markers and the papers are from the Pretty Tuff CD Rom! Who would have thought you could use a male orientated product to create a female card? That's how versatile the Polka Doodles CD's are! I have made the paper roses by cutting a circle out and then cutting it into a spiral and rolling it. I have also added some spiders web and flourishes.
Sarah - I picked a really cute, whimsical Emma Canning image - Deer Friend - for my card this week.  I thought she would really suit Autumnal colours.  For my papers I chose Sugar Boys Download, which has some gorgeous colours in the collection. I coloured my image with ProMarkers, with chalking to create the background then used a die to cut it out.  I added a ribbon, some corner dies, created a sentiment on my computer.  I don't very often distress papers, but it appealed to me this time so I inked and distressed the edges of my papers and the card was completed.
Cara ...This week everything for my card comes from the Girls Hoot download bundle.  There's so much in this bundle ... everything you need to make a whole card from scratch.
Kevin...I thought the Autumn colours would be great for a men's theme this week so I chose this handsome fella which is an Emma Canning digi. Emma has some great male themed images in the digistore...

Joanne- I just had to use the Anya digistamp for the Autumn colours challenge this week, I think her windswept look is perfect for Autumn :) I paired the image with a gorgeous backing paper from The Emma Canning animals and nature digi collection and added some ribbon and lace. I printed a sentiment and cut it out with my Cameo and had to add a silver, glittery lining to my cloud.
Sally - Hi there, for this week's challenge "Autumn Colours" I chose a black and white image from the Featherbird digi download. I printed it on cream and cut it out using a Spellbinders die and then used pan pastel "yellow ochre" around the edges. I mounted that on another Spellbinder die and used "orange extra dark" pan pastel around the edge to give it an aged look. Matted and layered brown, rust and cream cardstock for the background and mounted it on a dark brown card.  I then die cut two feathers and added a sentiment.
Susan -   3rd challenge already can you believe how fast the weeks are passing. For my card this week I have used Girls Hoot ,I just love this collection and the image is Libby Carefree by Nikky.
I have matted and layered using some chocolate mirror board ,the leafs and acorns are made with Martha Stewart paper clay and silicone moulds then covered with PanPastels  Metallic
Debbi - I have to say Autumn is my favorite season. I love the colours it brings. For my project I have made an Autumn wreath, using the incredible versatile Boys Hoot Bundle. The papers were the perfect colours to go with this weeks theme. I also added some Glossy accent to make the berries shine. And isn't the owl a such cutie? :)
So there is all the fab inspiration from the team - I'm sure you'll agree that they're all superb makes!
Remember you do NOT have to use our products (although obviously we would love it if you did) , just add your entry to Mr Linky below and pinch our badge for your blog sidebar - we'll see you back here on Friday for our usual Polkadoodles challenge....

..Oh and don't forget to get busy with that Discount Code!!...

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning are your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab display of DT creations...awesome challenge.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi wow i am so delighted to have won the 1st challenge. You say that i should email you but there is no email address. Could someone please contact me on
    s.i.bennett@talk21.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always great inspiration fromthe DT, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!