Friday 20 February 2015

Week 8 - All things Kraft/Homespun/Recycled - Polkadoodles Challenge

Happy Friday Everyone
Before we get on to this weeks challenge just a reminder that we still have a DT call for our brand new Facebook team - You can  check out all the details here

The winners of our Flower Power Challenge will be announced at the end of this post.

Onto week 2 of our challenge which is
All things Kraft/Homespun/Recyled
You need to make something which includes either some kraft-style cardboard or chipboard, a tag, string, twine, kraft paper/card, brown wrapping paper - anything that gives a kraft look, it can be a little brown button, a little bit of string on a parcel - anything that gives your make a krafty embellishment somewhere, it's up to you! It's a great way to bring in some recycling along the way with old cereal box cardboard etc!
This is Inspiration week here at Polkadoodles and the Design Team have
awesome creations to share with you.  You have until Noon GMT, Friday 27th February to enter.
ENTER THE CHALLENGE here
You do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges
The rules are over there in the side bar ----->

The Winner of this challenge will receive a £10 gift voucher to the Polkadoodles
Digi Download store to spend on whatever you like- What an amazing Prize!
And our Top 3 favourites will all win a £2 voucher to spend on digis in the store too

Naz I made a tag using the bride digistamp as well as few papers of Polkadoodle's collection Work & Play 9 - Love & Kisses to give my tag more texture and layers. Also added the wine glasses as I thought it was perfect for the theme, I added some flowers, ribbons, lace and diecuts from Kraft paper and to finish it off I added this sentiment from the collection that I printed on a Kraft paper.  


Anjie - The image is a pre-coloured one which we tend to forget are on the CD's these days. The blue hearts I have cut out from the backing paper which was left over after making the card.  I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges of everything and then added faux stitching with the Graph'It Shake white marker pen. More details can be found on my blog by clicking on my name at the right.
Jenny - Had another play with the new Work and Play 9 collection, but the the papers are from Dollie Daydream Girl Talk. Lots more details on my blog.

Yvonne -  Hi there everyone - well I decided to make a wee wall hanging. I opted to use one of the new Octavia images, 'Dragonfly Ride' and I went with the precoloured image.  You can get the fab CD-Rom here and see the whole digi download options here.  I used my Cameo for the wall hanging template and then everything else is from the Collection, bar the clouds and the ribbon.

Anita - Hi there today I had a play with etty mailbox  from the Winston bear collection CD-Rom I coloured her using pencils.
Backing paper is from the pretty sweet collection CD-Rom 


Wendy - For my contribution this week I've used the Violin Girl from Work & Play 8 and I've coloured her with Graph'its, she's also available on her own as a digi. I've used a bit of artistic licene with my chioce of papers, which is from the same collection. Although they are not strictly Kraft, I felt the muted colours and the texture gave that impression.

Ria  for my card I used the Work and Play 9 collection Love & Kisses... I coloured up Wedding Night with Watercolouring pencils and added white dots with a Molotow marker. Most of the cuttingfiles are from the Love & Kisses Collection except the flowers as they are from the cuttingfile Flowers 1. all cut with my Silhouette Cameo.

Bev here with my inspiration post. When someone says 'Kraft card' to me its the perfect excuse to get out the Winston CD Rom. I had great fun colouring him up with my Graph'its. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!


Susan What a fabulous Challenge ! So here we go...The Papers are from the Winston Collection and the Images are from Work & Play 7 .I have used everything digi this week even the image, so no colouring.....hows that for a quick card!

Claire C I adore kraft so I had a blast making this centre step card using lots of elements from the fabulous Work and Play 8 Bonus Edition Collection. I just added some die cuts, ribbon and a button from my stash to all the gorgeous embellies. The focal image is decoupage from the cd too!!


Now onto our winner, as chosen by random.org, from our
Flower Power Challenge
19 - Pamellia
You have won a great digi bundle  - to claim Please contact us here, and quote PD8001Wk5

The Team's favourite Top 3 as chosen by the Design Team are:
53 - Norma
55 - Elena
70 - Kaylou
You have each won a digi too, so to claim Please contact us here,and quote PD8002Wk5

Well done and congratulations to everyone.
Don't forget to take you blinkies from the side bar too.
And remember to join in our Kraft challenge 
You can find the challenge here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!